For a lot of us keep our car clean is worth all the time and energy we put into it. Therefore, we are ready even to do it ourselves.
If you’re looking for the perfect way through which your car will look as good as new, know that the household dish soap, hand soap or detergents for dishwashing are not the wisest pick.
This is where car soaps come in that are made with the ideal ingredients to give your car the shine it deserves. Every car owner should own a set of car shampoos and soaps as they can do justice to your car way better than ordinary household soaps and detergents. We also have an article on car shampoo reviews for you to see and learn our pick regarding top car shampoos that you can use to wash your vehicle.
Moreover, by using everyday shampoo, you are putting your car paint to risk as it might react and ruin the exterior of your car. Invest in an excellent car wash to maintain the looks of your vehicle!
Reviews of Top 8 Car Wash Soaps
1. Chemical Guys CWS_301 Citrus Wash
- 13+ YEARS OF CLEAN & SHINY VEHICLES – Citrus Wash & Gloss has been on Amazon since 2009, getting...
- PH BALANCED – Citrus Wash and Gloss is pH balanced and gentle on all exterior automobile parts...
- HARNESS THE NATURAL CLEANING POWER OF CITRUS - The all-natural citrus extracts blended into Citrus...
- CONCENTRATED – A little bit goes a long way. Just add 1-3 oz. of Citrus Wash and Gloss to a 5...
- UNIQUE GLOSS ENHANCING FORMULA - Bring the shine back to your car with every wash. Chemical Guys...
2. Meguiar G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash
- ONLY ONE STEP: Meguiar's Gold Class foaming car wash soap simplifies your car cleaning routine by...
- CLEAN AND PRESERVE: Featuring an advanced formula, this powerful car shampoo and conditioner not...
- THE PERFECT PROFESSIONAL CLEAN: Experience the ultimate clean with this eco friendly car wash soap....
- LONG-LASTING RADIANT LOOK: Say goodbye to dull and faded paint and hello to the ultra-rich paint...
- FOAM CANNON READY: Meguiar's Gold Class car wash is versatile enough to be used in either a bucket...
3. Adams New Car Wash Shampoo Gallon
- ✅ WHY CHOOSE ADAM’S CAR WASH SHAMPOO? - Our pH neutral wash soap is perfect for weekly...
- ✅ SAFE ON ALL VEHICLE SURFACES; INCLUDING PAINT, RUBBER, VINYL, WINDOWS & PLASTICS - Using a blend...
- ✅ IMPROVE YOUR AUTO DETAILING ARSENAL or LINE OF CAR CLEANING SUPPLIES - Equipped with a pleasant...
- ✅ BUILD A CAR WASH KIT - Adam’s Car Shampoo is spot free, rinses clean & won’t strip existing...
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - At Adam’s, we strive to bring the BEST car cleaning supplies,...
4. Meguiar G17748 Wash and Wax
- CLEAR COAT SAFE: Carnauba wax and synthetic polymer technology gently cleans the paint while leaving...
- DEEP SHINE: Leaves a deep, glossy, just-waxed shine and gently cleans in one easy step
- AMAZING SUDS: Incredible sudsing action safely lifts dirt and grime to minimize swirling
- PAINT MAINTENANCE: The perfect way to clean and shine your car’s paint, as well as boost its...
- VERSATILE: Ultimate Wash & Wax is compatible with all Meguiar's washes and waxes. And it’s pH...
5. Mothers 05674 California Gold Carnauba Wash and Wax
- Mothers Carnauba Wash and Wax is the quick and easy way to clean, shine and protect your paint
- Easily dissolves and removes stubborn road grime and dirt, all while boosting your existing wax
- Powerful, ultra-sudsy, biodegradable and pH balanced
- You'll be left with a spot-free shining finish
6. Turtle Wax T-472R ICE Car Wash
- Put 1 Fl Oz. of Turtle Wax ICE Car and Motorcycle Wash in a gallon of cool water and agitate to...
- Rinse with clean, cool water and dry with a soft towel or chamois
- Thickest, best shining wash for cars and motorcycles
- Synthetic blend of shine enhancers gently lifts dirt and rinse clean for a spot-free shine on every...
- Now with Smart Shield Technology to build layers of shine and protection
7. Griot’s Garage 10866 Car Wash
- Maintain paint care perfection bucket after bucket as our special brighteners yield a lasting,...
- Creates an eruption of rich, slippery suds
- Made from concentrated premium ingredients
- Produces a head-turning, streak-free shine
8. Turtle Wax T-79 Zip Wax Liquid Car Wash and Wax
Guide for Buying Best Car Wash Soaps
We all invest a good fortune in our cars, which is why maintaining it is essential. What we cannot ignore is that almost every user wants his or her vehicle always to look brand-new. We cannot overlook the occasional dust storms and pollution, but we can surely fight it for the sake of our car.
Car wash shampoos, waxes, and soaps are essential items that help ensure the exterior of our car remains bright and bold. If you are buying a car wash for the first time, there is no doubt that you will not be a little confused as to what is essential to buy and why.
Therefore, to help you know more about car washes, shampoos, and wax, we have prepared a list of factors that should be considered while buying the perfect item.
What to Know Before Buying a Car Wash Soap
Below is a list of crucial considerations that will help you buy the perfect car wash
Purchasing a car wash that comes with eco-friendly formula is far better than the one which does not follow this attribute. Know that whenever you wash your car, a large amount of it flows into the gutter, which will have an impact on the environment. It might rinse your vehicle thoroughly, but the effect it has on the environment will affect our society in many ways.
2. Foaming properties
Having a lather thick with foam is excellent because not only will it help rinse your car better, and it will make things fun for you too — no need to invest in dull suds that take away the excitement out of car washing. A rich and thick lather will clean your car efficiently without additional scrubbing that might increase any scratch on the surface of your vehicle.
3. Value for money
This factor goes for almost anything you buy. Whatever you pay for the product should be able to do justice for its functionality. It is preferred to buy the bottle of car wash that comes in 64-ounce so that the content is good enough to last a decent amount of time.
The higher the level, the more time it will last. In right car washes, a drop of the content is enough to build a thick foam in almost one gallon of water. You can buy car washes in several ounces of bottle including, 64, 48, 32, 16 and 8.
5. pH level
This is the level that indicates how acidic or alkaline the content is. Regular users do not want a harsh car wash on their car surface, which is why they prefer higher alkalinity. Purchase the one that comes with a high pH level, and the acidity is low.
6. Resistance to water
If your car wash leaves behind watermarks and spots, it is just increasing the job for you. Not only do you have to spend an extra amount of time and energy getting rid of the water spots, but you also have to make sure the extra rubbing doesn’t harm the original paint and wax of your car. Therefore, it is essential to make sure the car wash you are getting dries up quickly to avoid watermarks.
There is no harm in getting the car wash that is scented as it will only make you enjoy the car wash more. In case you have some kind of allergies or are a victim of asthma, you can purchase the car wash with a minimum or no scent. There are several scents available in the market that include lemon, berry, and cherry.
Things You Will Need to Wash Your Car
Here is some standard equipment that you should invest in as they will help you clean your vehicle in a professional way.
1. Multiple Buckets
You need one bucket where you will keep the soap car wash content while the other one will contain clean water. The first bucket will be finished before the other one, after which you will use the fresh water to rinse the soap off your car.
A Hose is needed; it will connect to your water storage tank to provide clean water for cleaning purposes.
3. A Mitt for Washing
It is always better to use a cleaning mitt instead of a cloth to wash your car. The fibers in the glove are highly intensive, which is why the cleaning would be gentle.
4. Foam Gun
A lot of people will not use a foam gun to lather on the soap. However, if you wash your car often or own a workshop, investing in a good foam gun is a wise choice.
5. Grit Guard
The washing mitt might accumulate unwanted contaminants. To avoid this, you can buy a grit guard that will provide you with the most efficient wash.
6. Drying Cloth
This is the last tool you will need. Many users do not own one as they expect their car to air dry.
5 Steps You Cannot Skip While Washing Your Car
Washing a vehicle is not rocket science. All you need to do is make sure you don’t wash your car for a long time. Know that two buckets are enough; you might need some water from the hose in the end but, not a lot.
Start with the wheels of your car, where you can swipe off unwanted dirt so that washing becomes easier.
Next, you need to reach out for the washing mitt and accumulate it with the soap content from the first bucket. Lather it up to get a decent foam for your car cleansing.
The wash mitt must be rinsed thoroughly into the clean water bucket to get rid of the dirt collected from your car.
You are required to repeat the last two steps making sure your whole car is properly cleaned and conditioned. Leave no spot behind.
Next, you are required to use a hose through which you will rinse your car. Sprinkle water hose around your whole vehicle, washing away the soap.
Quickly start the drying process to prevent any watermarks from accumulating on the surface of your car.