It is impossible to handle toxic exhaust fumes without some kind of technology or equipment to tone the effects down a notch. Vehicle experts and owners use countless technologies to impose the use of exhaust fumes in their automobiles.
The most commonly used exhaust fume is the diesel particulate filter. This filter is manufactured to capture all soot, ash, and other tiny particles that have the potential to destroy an engine in the cell membrane. This helps in increasing the vehicle’s life and improves performance.
As this filter rejuvenates your diesel, another device is also required to cleanse the filter to make sure it works properly. Not cleaning your filter can lead to extreme pressure development, which affects the engine performance.
Thankfully, there is the best way to make this situation better – A DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) cleaning kit. All of these products are designed with safe chemicals that easily dissolve and eliminate all harmful particles to ensure maximum engine performance.
The following are some of the best DPF cleaners available in the market.
Reviews of 5 Best DPF Cleaners in The Market
1. Liqui Moly 5171 DPF Cleaner
- Dissolves typical contamination in diesel particle filters that can rob the vehicle of its...
- Effective for closed diesel particle filters on passenger and commercial diesel powered motor...
- Returns the vehicle to optimal driving characteristics, engine performance and lowers fuel...
- Lower fuel consumption means better MPG and money saved
- Use Liquid Moly's Super Diesel Additive every other fill up; Use Diesel Purge as part of your...
2. AUTOPROFI DPF Clean
- Specifically developed for Diesel fuel vehicles with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF)
- Safely & thoroughly cleans the DPF while you drive by helping to initiative the automatic DPF...
- Formulated to prevent development of "secondary" emissions.
- Easy-to-use; no special tools or skills required.
- TUV certified; Made in Germany
3. Wynn’s Diesel Particulate Filter Regenerator
- DPF Regenerator, for professional use
- Chemical treatment for diesel engines that clears blocked particulate filters and reduces soot...
- Easily cleans and regenerates a blocked diesel soot filter without dismantling.
- Reduces the combustion temperature of soot so that the soot particles burn faster and at a lower...
- Avoids frequent maintenance costs related to the manual regeneration of the blocked soot filter.
4. MotorPower Care DPF Cleaner
- #1 DPF Diesel Particulate Filter Foam Cleaner, high technology cleaning solution tested and approved...
- Remove the buildup dirt, soot, and carbon in the DPF area.
- Easy to Use: No need for disassembling anymore, Save time and money by using our cleaner, and to...
- By cleaning DPF filter this will improve: vehicle performance drastically, reduce emissions &...
- Use regularly MotorPower Care DPF Foam Cleaning to maintain a proper operating emission system.
5. Liqui Moly Diesel Particulate Filter DPF Protector
- 2000 , LM2000 , LM 2000
- Exhaust Cleaner
- 5x 250ml Bottles
Things to Consider Before Buying a DPF Cleaner
The first and foremost factor to consider before you buy a DPF is your budget. Every product comes at a unique rate and price, and that is why you need to make your options according to how much you are willing to spend.
The rate at which your cleanser will perform will determine its operation. Make sure to search for filters that cleanse your filter immediately, as these enable you to maintain and clean the screen at all times without performing many efforts.
There are a lot of options and manufacturers in the market today, and all of them produce DPF cleaners with good features. Some of these manufacturers have been serving the automobile industry for a long time, while others are new to the game and are still improving. Search for familiar brands as much as you can, as they are more popular and reliable than others.
It is necessary to make sure that your DPF cleaner is user-friendly. The best way to find that out is by testing the product or relying on reviews from other users. With this kind of information, you can determine the functionality of your cleaner and know ways to use it.
Why is a DPF Cleaner Important?
- With a DPF cleaner, the number of contaminated particles and soot is reduced. This allows your fuel system to function better than ever.
- Another benefit of using a DPF cleaner is that it increases the lifespan of your vehicle.
- The final benefit of DPF cleaners is that they are safe to use. They are featured with environmentally-friendly features that do not affect the health of the users.
How to Use a DPF Cleaner?
You can use a DPF cleaner in a variety of different ways. There are some formulas that have the tendency to be poured or placed directly into your engine without causing any harm. Before you use this cleaner, make sure the empty the fuel tank. On the other hand, some filters are connected to the exhaust, but this kind of unit demand the presence of a wand.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What is meant by a DPF Cleaning Additive?
A DPF cleaning additive is considered to be a chemical formula that assists in cleaning the fuel tank of a vehicle. The procedure is featured with a catalyst that reduces the temperature of the tank while decreasing the soot residue.
How often should the DPF be cleaned?
It is important to clean your DPF regularly because this will save you a lot of money and will increase the lifespan of it. According to car experts, your cleaner should be replaced after each year.
How long does it take for a DPF Cleaner to work?
All DPF cleaners operate right after they’ve been applied. This has been made possible through the fast-acting elements added by the manufacturers. With a single drop, your engine will run smoother than ever.
Our Top Pick
Our top pick is the Liqui Moly Cleaner for passenger vehicles and SUVs. It exceeds all other products available in the market due to its amazing chemical finish, which dissolves all particles in the filter; as a result, no residue is left behind.
Furthermore, it is user-friendly and is priced reasonably. After just one drop, your engine will run at a different rate – smoother than ever.