The car wash and auto detailing products market has an abundance of amazing products and devices designed to maintain the appearance of your vehicle, protect the paintwork, and ultimately, preserve the value of your car. One of those products is a foam cannon used in the prewash process or, in other words, before contact washing.
There are a lot of different foam cannons out there and as you’re here reading our Buyer’s Guide, we assume that you don’t want to waste your money on a random product.
And you shouldn’t.
We created this list with the aim to help all our automotive-enthusiast friends and detailing pros to choose a product that best works for them.
Before we dig into the best foam cannon list, here are some reasons why you should get one.
Buying Guide For The Best Foam Cannon
What Are the Benefits of a Foam Cannon?
A foam cannon is used for a foam car wash, or prewash, to be more precise. Some might think that this is not necessary and tell you that all you need is a good car shampoo, a hose, and you’re good to go. However, a car detailing professional, or anyone seriously interested in preserving their coat of paint will tell you otherwise.
Glad you asked.
The point of a car foam wash is to lubricate the surface of your vehicle which is essential for a detailed wash of your vehicle. This is particularly important for the delivery of impeccable cleaning and detailing results, and satisfied customers who will keep turning back for your services. Or, of course, for any car owner who is serious about keeping their car clean and tight.
2. Removal of contaminants that can harm the paintwork
When you apply car snow foam, it clings onto the surface of your car for a short while and when it starts dripping off the surface, it takes along any dirt, bird droppings, or other contaminants with it. In this way, the surface of your car gets a pre-clean and eliminates those contaminants that could scratch or mar your paintwork, which can happen if you immediately start with a contact wash with car shampoo and a sponge for instance.
Again, this is a particularly important car detailing prep step, and something that minimizes scratching.
Breaking Down the Foam Cannon Costs
You can find a foam cannon for car wash at different prices. Although they all work the same way, they have different features, are made out of different quality materials, and produce foam of different thickness and richness. The thicker and richer the foam, the better the pre-wash. A thick and rich foam stays on top of the vehicle for longer and hence, it loosens the contaminants better.
Therefore, we have three general price categories for foam cannons. Please note that you should check for the latest prices of each product as these are the ones we found at the time of writing the review.
These are not foam cannons of the lowest quality necessarily as price doesn’t always match the quality of the product. Still, it’s fair to say that you can’t expect much durability of foam cannons from this modest price range.
$25 to $50
It can be said that foam blasters from this mid-price range are of better quality and durability. A lot of foam cannons in this range have come out of the workshops of well-known auto cleaning and detailing products manufacturers.
The products from this price range are typically professional-grade or heavy-duty application foam cannons. Anything above $50 should create the best quality snow foam.
What Affects the Quality of the Foam?
We have to note that the quality of the foam cannon is not the only thing that affects the snow foam quality, or its richness and thickness. Other elements that come into play are:
- Soft water – the softer the water, the better the foam;
- Pressure washer – quality and performances of the pressure washer like the water pressure (PSI) or the pressure it creates and the water flow (GPM or gallons per minute); the higher these values are, the better the foam;
- Snow foam – the quality of the snow foam liquid;
- Snow foam solution-water ratio – typically it’s 1:8 but it needs to be adjusted depending on all the points mentioned above; TIP: feel free to try out different ratios to see what works best for you;
- Conditions – temperature, sunlight, wind, etc.
Top 10 Foam Cannons For 2020 Reviews
Explaining the Ranking System
To understand our choices, we thought it’d be a good idea to share which elements we calculated in our choices.
1. The quality of the product
Foam cannon quality encompasses the quality of the make and the materials used for the foam cannon, its features, and the richness and thickness of the foam it creates.
2. Customer reviews
Customer feedback is often the deciding factor when it comes to purchasing any type of product, especially online. That’s why we paid special attention to the reviews as they also contain other valuable information such as delivery times, customer services, and more.
Price is another factor that impacts our choices so it’s another essential element we looked at when reviewing all the foam cannons.
4. Online presence
All good brands recognize the importance of a well-established online presence and engagement with their customers and community. That’s why we checked out each of the producer’s websites and social media to find out more about their brand and values.
And finally, here are the seven best foam cannon or foam lance wash accessory attachments.
Description of 10 products
Adam’s Foam Cannon
- ✅ THICK LAYER OF FOAM! Adam’s Red Foam Cannon, combines pressurized water and car wash soap to...
- ✅ USE LESS SOAP MORE EFFICIENTLY! By using just 4-6 ounces of foam cannon soap like Adam’s Ultra...
- ✅ A DETAILING NECESSITY! We have our favorite products and go-to chemicals in the garage, and most...
- ✅ HOLDS OVER 32 OUNCES OF LIQUID! Adam’s Foam Cannon holds almost 35 ounces of liquid to help...
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and believe...
MTM Hydro PF22.2 Foam Cannon
- PF22.2 FOAM CANNON - Foam Cannon with 32 oz. standing bottle which prevents spills and tipping....
- ATTACHES TO PRESSURE WASHER - The car wash foam sprayer attaches to your pressure washer with one of...
- CAR WASHING - Car wash gun sprayer ideal for the cleaning of vehicles, boats, pole barn siding,...
- ADJUSTABLE - The soap attachment for pressure washer features adjustable fan blades and a 2-stage...
- THICKER FOAM – Foam cannon car wash with a chemical injection knob to increase or decrease foam...
MaxShine Foam Cannon
- Maxshine adjustable snow foam cannon with 1/4" Quick Disconnect Adapter. Suitable for 95% of the...
- It produces a nice thick layer of foam on the car, helps clean the vehicle faster, and reduces the...
- The tank is big enough (capacity: 34 oz.), so that you can do a full spread on 5 cars with one fill
- All of the connectors are made of high-quality brass. Very solid, not easy to break
- The light color of the soap bottle makes it easy to identify the level of soap remaining. The bottle...
MTM Hydro PF22
- New Two Stage Nozzle Sprays up to 20 feet
- Adjustable Spray Pattern (horizontal or vertical)
- Adjustable Fan Blades (jet-wide)
- New Ergonomic easy grip bottle
- Adjustable chemical injection knob
MJJC Snow Foam Lance
TriNova Foam Cannon
- ✅ EASY TO USE - just fill up the reservoir bottle with soap, click in to your existing pressure...
- ✅ GREAT FOR CAR WASHING - Soak your ride in a mountain of suds to ensure that all the grime, bugs,...
- ✅ WIDE NECK WON'T CRACK - Scroll through the images of all the generic canons, you'll see a common...
- ✅ QUALITY - Made by TriNova, a brand synonymous with high performance. Pairs well with their Car...
DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon
Last but not least, we have the DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon by Dusichin. We decided to include this highly affordable snow foam lance because it’s one of the best sellers on Amazon, and customers seem to like it. It’s made of brass and has standard foam cannon features like the adjustable nozzle, 1/4
It’s important to know that all of the foam cannons work the same way and that you can get the job done no matter which one you choose. What you should pay attention to is the quality of the product and the quality of the foam it’s able to produce, and see how that matches your budget. Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a seasoned detailing professional, you want to get the best bang for your money. One thing is for sure – buying one of the best foam cannons for a detailed prewash of your vehicle is certainly a valuable investment. Hope our Buyer’s Guide helped you out with making the final choice!