A car enthusiast would invest in a vehicle just to drive it to work daily. Receiving compliments for your hot car is something you take personally. Your car bears a striking resemblance to your personality. You would have spent plenty of time and wholesome dollars to make it look hot with greased elbows and little pride. Washing, waxing, and polishing your car to perfection sounds like a great idea, but for how these old school hacks would help?
It’s not just about the car surface when it comes to looks. The way you would notice a model walking on the ramp from head to toe, people notice your car the same way. The old grey and cracked tires can actually ruin the image of a spotless car. Spending dollars on new tires every few months, whether it’s cheap, doesn’t sound like a plan. However, making the right tire selection can save you for sure.
7 Best Tire Shines Reviews
Seamless tires can make your car look as good as new. With different brands on the market, it becomes difficult to pick the right one. Don’t worry, here we have got you covered to choose from the best tire shine in 2020.
1. Trinova Tire Shine Spray
- GIVE YOUR TIRES A SLICK FINISH – TriNova’s Tire Shine Spray is the easiest way to give your...
- ADVANCED COATING & PROTECTION – Not only will this spray give your tires the shine you’re...
- REPELS DIRT & GRIME – TriNova’s Tire Shine Spray also offers additional protection against...
- GET THE SHINE YOU WANT – High shine, medium shine or low shine, with this spray you can achieve...
- ACHIEVE A SHINE THAT LASTS – Unlike other shine sprays, you won’t have to apply TriNova’s Tire...
2. Chemical Guys Tvd 107 16 Shine Dressing
- THE ULTIMATE PROTECTION - VRP is an easy-to-use protectant that restores a deep black look, enhances...
- IT'S ALL ABOUT RESULTS - Vinyl, rubber, and plastic trim are sensitive to fading and staining caused...
- NON GREASY WATER BASED FORMULA - Achieve a non greasy deep wet look on both interior and exterior...
- DRY-TO-THE-TOUCH FORMULA: Premium sprayable VRP Super Shine Dressing finishes dry-to-the-touch and...
- THE #1 BRAND IN CAR CARE - Beginners and professionals alike choose Chemical Guys, not only for the...
3. Car Guys Tire Shine Spray
- ✅ CAR GUYS Tire Shine is a non-greasy, dry to the touch formula that is super quick & easy to use!...
- ✅ Quick & Easy to Use! – Everyone is different, with our product, you choose your own look! From...
- ✅ Long Lasting Product – The bottle will last long, and the protection will too! Just one layer...
- ✅ Why choose CAR GUYS? – We Care About Quality! Our products are made with the latest...
- ✅ We Care About Customer Satisfaction! – We're Not Happy, If You're Not Happy! If you're not...
4. Meguiars G7516 Endurance Tire Gel
- PROTECTS AND SHINES TIRES: One 16 oz bottle of Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel and tire dressing with...
- RICH GEL FORMULA: Gel eliminates runs, drips and overspray for an even, consistent shine
- UV PROTECTANT: Meguiar's car tire shine protects tires against UV damage and browning to keep them...
- TO USE: Apply a medium amount of tire shine to clean, cool tires using a soft cloth or foam...
- HIGH OR LOW SHINE: Apply a second coat of tire dressing for higher shine, or wipe off immediately...
5. Aero Cosmetic Tire Modification
- Tire Soap and Degreaser is safe on all wheels and tires. Removes stains and grime from your car, RV,...
- Safe and easy to use, just spray on and wipe dry. Safe on all surfaces.
- All Aero Cosmetic's products are Aircraft Quality and are approved by Boeing, Airbus Aircraft.
- Water Based - Biodegradable - Alcohol & Ammonia Free
6. Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel
- Advanced formula engineered for extraordinary results
- Delivers serious wet black shine that last for weeks
- Rich, durable gel coats for a smooth, even look
- No messy overspray
- Protects against harmful elements that cause cracking & fading
7. DUB u1319 Tire Gloss
- Developed by Meguiar's
- DUB Tire Shine gives you incredibly glossy tires with an amazing wet-black look
- Aerosol tire shine with adjustable nozzle so you can control the width of the spray patter
- Orange Crush scent for the best in wet glossy tire coating accompanied by a pleasing aroma
- Designed for quick and easy application; apply a second coating for even shinier, glossier more...
Buying Guide: The Search For Best Shiny Tire
Now that you have seen our guide for the best market products, you might have selected the right one for you. If not, then there are still a number of brands to choose from. You will find a number of products with different application methods for similar purposes.
The first step is to go through the list of questions that often relates to tire gloss products. Most people will simply use them to make their tires look great. Let’s discuss this product in more detail in the following section, followed by its benefits.
What Is The Product Made Of?
It is a mixture of different chemicals and polymers. The exact composition of the formulation is particular to the respective companies and manufacturers. They can be classified broadly into two types;
Such products are a natural alternative. These are made from oils and polymers suspended in water as such suspensions are gentle on the rubber, forming your car tires. You can apply it on the tires more often. Water-based products are generally not durable as solvent-based tire shine produces, but if you are looking for a very high gloss, then these products are known to produce similar results.
The best solvent-based products are generally made from a similar composition to that of the water-based product. The only difference you will find is in their solvent suspension. Solvent-based products should bond better with the tire lasting longer generally. They also produce a glossier surface for high-grade tires. Solvents can go tough on rubber tires, but that only happens after the product is applied for a number of times.
Different Forms Available For Application
You will find the best tire shine available in a different form to apply. Most of these products are available as gels or sprays
Above listed gel products are generally cheaper than spray products. These products take longer to dry because it has to be applied directly. This practical approach allows more control over the amount of product applied normally on the surface.
It is easier to apply spray on the tire surface than gel, Especially to avoid the dreaded skidding effect, where the excess product is thrown from the tire onto the car body. You might need to clean it a little unless you go for a quick, dry, non-Greasy Spray.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Tire Shine
There are a number of factors to keep in mind when choosing a tire gloss product.
Ease of Application:
Ease of application, as discussed above, these products usually come as a spray or gel; both are relatively easy to apply. As we said, gels can’t be applied as quickly as a spray, but it allows more control over the application. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide if you prefer the gel product or liquid spray.
Good UV protection is one of the best secondary benefits of these products, after your tire’s looks. Protection from UV rays is offered by most of the products we have recommended above. It is just the same as some sunscreen products offering better protection against UV rays than others. If you live in a particularly sunny area, you might be inclined to invest In a product that gives you better protection against the sun.
A Glossy Finish:
Dependent on how long and how much of the product is applied that may lead to a brighter surface, these products also differ in the provision of a glossy finish that you’d strive to get.
If you are not looking for a very shiny excellent tire, then go for a product which is described as matte or satin. These products provide a smooth finish to the tires, giving it the ultimate straight-outta-factory look just less the attention-grabbing shine.
Why Using Tire Shine Is A Smart Idea?
Using tire shine products comes with three significant benefits as listed below:
- Making the tires shiny: the obvious benefit, but still worth a mention. These products are mainly used to return old tires to their straight-outta-factory look. Want to boost the spectacular look of your vehicle? Don’t let shabby looking tires destroy the image of the car.
- By applying the tire shine, you also protect them against dirt and grime, making the tires look better and saving you from the extra cleaning efforts that may be required otherwise.
- Many of these products offer protection from UV rays that can potentially damage your tires and reduce their life. These harmful rays can damage the natural rubber compounds of your tires; thus, using a tire shine product can help in extending their life and preventing them from cracking and turning into tires with an unattractive brown colour.
The Process Of Applying Tire Shine
Each brand will have slightly different instructions to apply tire shine; thus, it is advisable to carefully read the instructions on the product. The instructions also vary depending on whether you choose a gel-based or spray-based product, but there are some general rules to follow to render the best results.
Do not use the product on hot tires; the surface heat will affect the effectiveness of the product to successfully bond to the tire’s surface. Use the product only when the tires are cool (Read: completely cool) to touch. After applying the product, don’t leave it under direct sunlight. Keep the car in the shade once the tire shine has been applied.
Make sure that the tires are also completely dry when the product is applied. Rain can mess up the process, too. It is recommended to wash and scrub the tires before the application. Once the tires have been washed, don’t forget to dry them thoroughly with a towel.
There is nothing stopping your tires from achieving the ultimate glossy finish and complementing your car!