Your car is a unique and beautiful beast. It is true that it is the second most valuable thing for any car owner, and the first is their home, a few people may love it more dearly than their homes as well. It is given that you will make sure to keep it pristine. Why should the presence of debris, dirt, or other microscopic particles lower its beauty? You would like to keep it as clean as possible, and no other cloth like a good quality microfiber cloth can do the job perfectly for you.
We know, when you have a lot of options, choosing the worthwhile one can become a challenge. From the exterior, they look the same. It is just the brand or the price that varies. We have compiled this product review for you. This is the guide that you require to select the best microfiber towels for your cars in 2020.
Get the right knowledge and pick the one that would do the work at its best amongst all. Is the debris on the car very unsettling for you? Check out the list first for the best microfiber towels, and then get one.
Product Reviews of Top 10 Microfibre Towels
1. Zwipes 735 Microfiber Towel Cloths
- Plush, super-soft microfiber cloths, ideal for cleaning tasks in the home, garage, office, and more
- Constructed with 110,000 fibers per square inch, allowing you to clean with or without chemicals or...
- Lint-free, streak-free cleaning; with a non-abrasive design that won't scratch surfaces, paints, or...
- Absorbs eight times its weight in water, and dries in half the time of standard towels
- Can be washed and reused hundreds of times, allowing you to save money on paper towels and costly...
2. Royal Reusable Microfiber Towel Cloth Set
3. Meguiar’s X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel
- FAST RESULTS: The easiest and fastest way to remove compounds, polishes, waxes, and spray detailers
- SHOW CAR RESULTS: The ultimate polishing towel to use on paint, glass, plastic and chrome for...
- NO MORE SWIRLS: Incredibly plush microfiber Towel for producing swirl-free, mirror-like results
- ABSORBS TWICE AS MUCH: Thick, deep dual-sided microfiber pile absorbs two times more than...
- MULTIPACK: Pack of 3 16" x 24" towels. Machine wash for multiple uses
4. Mic 507 06 Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towel
- Scratch free, lint free and swirl free
- Long lasting microfiber
- Effective cleaning under wet and dry conditions
- Silk banded edges
- 100 percent machine washable
5. Viking Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel
- Absorbs 3 times its weight in water
- Softer and more absorbent than cotton
- Micro-bead action leaves no streaks or water spots
- Lint-free & Clear-coat safe
- Washable & reusable
6. Buff Pro Multi-Surface Microfiber Towel
- Ready to tackle your big cleaning jobs with less effort? Try the new Buff Pro Multi-Surface...
- Truly an all-purpose, multi-surface towel, now you can dust, scrub, clean, polish, and dry your...
- Find out what cleaning pros already know; Buff Pro Microfiber aren't ordinary microfiber cloths....
- They’re designed for cleaning pros who demand more performance and more durability from their...
- Be assured by our 360 day 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have an issue, just contact us and...
7. Autofiber’s Zeroedge Detailing Towel
- (5 Pack) 16 x 16 Microfiber Detailing Towels
- Can be folded in 4 for 8 different clean sides
- Ultra soft Dual Pile 360 GSM Microfiber Fabric - 75% Polyester and 25% Polyamide - 100% Split
- Jack of all trades - Quick Detailer, Rinseless Wash, Waterless Wash, Glass, Interior, Wheels and
- Zero Edge - Ultrasonic Cut - Scratch Free Edgeless Design
8. Simple Houseware Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Super soft & non-abrasive microfiber cloths prevent scratching surfaces, paints, coats or other...
- Holds 8 Times its weight in liquid. and dries fast
- Four Colors: Green x 12, Yellow x 12 Blue x 13, Orange x 13
- Size: 12" x 16", can be used for a variety of cleaning jobs.
- Material: Microfiber- 15% Nylon, 85% Polyester
9. AmazonBasics Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Microfiber 16 x 12-inch cleaning cloth (24-pack) in Blue, White, and Yellow; ideal for cleaning...
- Ultra-soft and non-abrasive; will not scratch paints, vinyl, glass, finishes, or other surfaces
- Effectively cleans either dry or with liquid cleaners for streak-free results and a lint-free shine
- Durable and absorbent; soak up 8 times their own weight
- Can be reused hundreds of times
10. Meguiar’s Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel
- REDUCED DRYING TIME: This means less wring-outs and better absorbency
- BEST IN CLASS: Absorbs up to two times the water of traditional terry towels
- NO STREAKS: Leaves a spot-free finish without streaking
- REUSABLE: High-quality means you can use again and again (machine washable)
- LARGE SIZE: 22” X 30” waffle weave texture microfiber towel
Buying Guide For Best Microfiber Towels
If you carry out market research, you would be amazed to see how many options for the right microfiber towel would seem to arise. Why does this happen? Because they all look the same. However, the quality differs. You cannot guarantee any microfiber towel’s functionality without performing quality tests.
The first quality check is to ascertain if it has the absorptive features or not. The towel being absorptive would indicate them having split fibers, otherwise? Negative marks. You need to pay full attention and check for the tiniest details. It’s about your baby beast, and you should get the best microfiber towel for it.
(Note: even if it’s not for the beast, please still resort for the best one)
Defining a Microfiber Car Towel
Just like its name, a microfiber car towel is composed of microfiber fabrics, which are for the sole purpose of cleaning the vehicle’s surface, be it any, it makes no exceptions. While it is claimed that different options in the fabric may be used to clean and dry the cars’ interiors and exteriors, the fabric possessing microfibers is specifically engineered to do this job and should be acknowledged for it.
Microfibers are claimed to be much thinner and smaller as compared to a single strand of silk, which is approximately 1 denier in measurement. A human hair follicle has a diameter 5 times than that of a single strand of silk, and the microfiber is even tinier than the strand of silk; thus, it can be concluded that a microfiber strand is at least less than 10 micrometers in diameter from the human hair follicle.
Microfiber towels are made using different materials. These materials may be chosen dependent on the intended use. That being said, a few features are common regardless of the use. These features include absorption and filtering capacity, electrostatic property, toughness, and softness.
These properties of the Microfiber car towel make it the best material for drying and cleaning. You must be amazed to know how these water and dirt magnets work on different surfaces. We might also discuss that later on. Of course, that is not just a car essential, you can use it on other surfaces too. Now it’s properties that makes it sufficient to get the job done are not hidden from you.
Microfiber Towel – What Makes Up This Cleaning Essential?
Polyester and polyamide make up the basic structure of these Microfiber towels. Their combination with polypropylene works best for producing a recyclable bio-friendly product.
Polyester, widely used for its toughness and durability, makes it resilient. Polyester, due to its compact structure, doesn’t allow water to seep inside the material. Now you don’t have to worry about shrinking, wrinkling, stretching, or molds whether you use it again and again for washing or drying.
While polyester makes it durable for your random day chores, nylon is added to give it chemical strength against chemicals. Nylon is a polyamide used in a variety of products for its resistance against oil and chemical damage. This means you can easily use it with any cleaning agent to wipe off the dirt or even to wipe off that stubborn grease. You can reach every nook and corner in your vehicle for cleaning due to its elasticity. It’s washable, so you don’t have to go get a new one every time.
Choosing the Type of Microfiber Towel that Suits Your Needs
You can select a Microfiber towel based on its height. Generally, they differ in pile height ranging from high to low pile. If you go for a high pile, this would be a long Microfiber towel. Not just long but soft and stretchy too. A low pile would be small yet with its fiber knitted closer, making it tough to stretch and tears. Let’s dive into its types to explore every detail.
If you want to wipe the dirt and small marks of a tough and rigid service, this is the best option. Though it could be used for all-purpose cleaning, you have to be careful with the delicate surfaces. If you are using it for glass, then remember it doesn’t give you a glossy finish, but it works well for dashboards, exhausts, and plastic. They are usually available in 80/20 blend at 220 – 250 GSM.
The medium pile comes in all shapes and sizes. You can say it because of three sizes it is available in:
- Standard medium
If you have rinsed and dried the surface already and thinking to apply polish or wax over it, then the standard medium is what you need. They are available in the 75/25 blend. Being longer than the short pile, they are softer as well. You can easily clean your car interiors and even use it for buffing your vehicle. Warning: don’t use it for the extra dirty surfaces.
My much softer than standard medium, plush is available in 75/25 blend with a higher GSM or more than 600, while the normal is 300 GSM and up. For surfaces where you have to careful with a short pile, plush works best. It’s basically best for the surface that can be easily scratched. Whether it is glass, clear plastic, or chromed grimes surface, it’s one-size-fits-all.
Medium-long, with a GSM or 400, stands somewhere between the two categories mentioned above. It has similar characteristics like that of other medium piles but somewhat in transition. For cleaning, it can be used as a standard medium, but it is much softer, just like plush.
Longer than the other two piles, it comes in 70/30 blend with a GSM of 600 and above. Due to its length, its chemical structure allows water to seep in easily. So, it’s your best option for washing and drying purposes. Being softer than other categories, it can easily provide a glossy finish to the surface.
There is more to the Microfiber towel classification world. You can also select one on the basis of their purpose. You can classify them into two basic types.
Waffle Weave Pile:
If you are looking for a drying towel, then this is the best option. It is available in 80/20 blend in 350 GSM. You can use it for every surface, including glass and mirrors.
Yes! It got its name from its purpose. You can use it for applying wax, glaze, and sealant. It is available in 70/30 blend in 350 GSM.
No Doubt Microfiber Towels are Good for Cleaning
The science of their properties lies inside their structure. If you look at a cross-section, you will understand the way it is manufactured. Imagine a cylindrical strand arranged as a tuft. Now, this tuft is formed by splitting of a single fiber into many during manufacturing. This creates a cluster of fiber strands with spaces in between. These spaces allow the strands to move and stretch out so that you can run it on any surface easily. These spaces serve another purpose. The dirt particles you rub on the microfiber towel easily get inside those spaces, making it easier to wipe them off.
These spaces accommodate water molecules when you use this Microfiber towel at any wet surface. The hydrogen bond in the polyamides makes them more flexible, increasing their absorbing capability. So that you can wipe the water and steam of the surface like a pro. Guess what? You would not find any traces behind fibers like that of cotton lint. Dirt magnet + Efficient oil remover + efficient water absorber + lint-free cleaning; all this sums up the Microfiber towel as a perfect car cleaning cloth.
Are Microfiber Towels Easy to Wash?
The perfect combination of polyesters and polyamides makes them easy to wash. Due to the spaces in between, the material is easy to dry, that too, in no time. However, it has to be washed carefully.
You can follow the instructions mentioned in its packing listed by its manufacturer. Instructions are quite similar, but liquid and correct settings might differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. We recommend you to follow the guide to do it the right way. Check for the correct washing machine and dryer settings in the beginning.
Note that it requires a specific washing liquid, so don’t make the mistake of washing it with a random detergent.
Tips for Using Microfiber Towels to Clean Your Automotive
Until this point, we have already established the fact that these microfiber towels are unmatched as a cleaning fabric. In order to use it at its optimum, it is important that you know how to properly use them.
When you are washing the vehicle, soak the microfiber well in water, and then wipe your car. Similarly, when drying the car, you should wipe it first and keep on repeating the process. Stop when it has been completely dried.
In the case you are up for detailing chores, spray a minute amount of the product on the cloth and wipe the surface gently
Never use the towel in back and forth motion while removing dirt and grime. Move it in one direction to avoid scraping and scratching the surface.
Don’t forget to clean the towel again and again after some strokes to take contaminants easily off the microfiber.
How Can You Take Care of the Microfiber Car Towels?
Regardless of the fact that most microfiber car towels are made of strong and durable polyamide and polyester, they still need care. If not taken care of, they can lose their durability as their strength. They may also not do the job as expected.
Use the following tips to keep them in a desirable condition and yield the best possible results:
1. Wash It In Cold Water
Coldwater should be your go-to when cleaning. They prevent the cloth from shrinking. This is highlighted in the manufacturer’s recommendation manual, which specifies the right temperature to wash the microfiber clothing.
2. Avoid Fabric Softeners
Yes, they mess with the overall density of your microfiber towel and reduce its absorption capacity by much. Yes, not good at all.
3. Avoid Heat
Neither should your fabric be washed in hot water nor should it be dried in higher heat. You need to keep the heat exposure balanced. Medium level heating would do.
4. Use Distilled White Vinegar While Rinsing
Use distilled white vinegar while rinsing to keep your microfiber towel smelling fresh and soft. It does wonders.
If you are an automotive owner, you would know that microfiber towels have become increasingly popular among your lot as well as among professional automotive detailers. With its one of its kind features of being easy to wash, durable, and absorptive, the microfiber clothing does the best job of cleaning different surfaces efficiently and effectively. So what is stopping you from keeping your cars and other surfaces dirt-free?